Frequently Asked Questions
SPACE OWNER FAQs
Who is a Space Owner?
A Space Owner is a registered user on PiQQSPACE that has a listed his space for the purposes of storage and parking services.
What are the benefits of being a Space Owner?
Being a Space Owner on PiQQSPACE is a great way to help people in your community to store their stuff and earn extra money by sharing your spare space. This can help you to:
- Recover cost of home ownership
- Pay your mortgage off faster
- Save for a holiday or wedding
- Be an entrepreneur making additional income
What happens if Space Owner stops getting paid?
Space Seekers have verification and feedback which is made available to you before you enter into any deal with any space seeker. In the unlikely event of payment default, PiQQSPACE will make every effort to assist you to contact the Space Seeker regarding their stored or parked stuff and payment.
What kind of Space Owner rent out?
A Space Owner can rent out any type of spare space you have, including but never limited to:
- Basement Space
- Closet Space
- Warehouse Spaces
- Spare rooms
- Garage Spaces
- Backyard Spaces
- Cupboard Spaces
- Hallway Spaces
- Crawl spaces
As long as it is Space Owner’s space to rent out and security can be maintained,the possibilities are endless.
What are Space Owner’s obligations?
- Space Owners are never obligated to accept a request; however, a timely response is appreciated.
- Booking requests expire in 48 hours or by midnight of start date for requests with less than 48 hours lead time.
- After Space Seeker’s items are in Space Owner’s possession, the Space Owner has the responsibility to keep items in their care in a safe and secure manner.
Can the Space Owner inspect Space Seekers items?
To be on the safer side, Space Owners may inspect contents prior to accepting storage or parking. We recommend taking documentation for personal records and a mutual agreement for stored stuff between the Space Owner and Space Seeker.
In case Space Seeker refuses to disclose stored items, Space owners may refuse acceptance and cancel the reservation.
What are my tax obligations?
Any income that you earn by renting out your space on PiQQSPACE should be declared on your annual tax returns.
We recommend that you consult with your accountant or tax advisor to understand your personal tax obligations, and any tax deductions that you may be eligible to claim.